Bowers Asphalt & Paving, Inc. is a third generation, family owned and operated business. We are an ODOT Pre-qualified Asphalt Paving contractor, a member of Flexible Pavements of Ohio, the Better Business Bureau and are an Ohio BWC Drug-Free Workplace.
- Bowers Paving Company started in 1946. We began paving driveways with a pull box, performing asphalt repairs and sealcoating.
- Leading us into parking lot construction in the 1960’s, we purchased our first paver, a Barber-Greene. We expanded into smaller excavation projects and placing aggregate in addition to asphalt paving.
- Bowers Asphalt & Paving, Inc. was incorporated in 1965.
- We set a 3000# asphalt batch plant up at our current location in Walbridge in 1972. With this plant, we were able to perform larger projects. We upgraded to a used 6000# H & B asphalt batch plant in 1987 adding two silos, one in 1998 and the second in 2005. This has allowed us to perform large parking lots, industrial sites and roads efficiently.
- We went into more extensive site excavation and aggregate placement in the 1970’s when we acquired scrapers. We purchased our first mill in 1998 allowing us to self perform a wider variety of work. In 2018, we began using GPS Machine Control on our excavation and grading equipment.